What's being done about historic gravestones at the 'Cabbage Gardens' being vandalised?
- IRISH CLIPS AND SNIPS
- TRANSCRIPTIONS, incl. KILMURRY IBRICKANE BAPTISMAL REGISTERS 1839-1881 and MARRIAGES
- IRISH OBITUARIES
- THEY MADE THEIR MARK
- FROM WHENCE THEY CAME....
- GENEALOGY GATHERINGS, ITEMS OF INTEREST and LISTS
- BIRTHS, DEATHS, MARRIAGES - TRANSCRIPTIONS
- KILMALEY PARISH BAPTISMS, CO CLARE 1828-1882
Wednesday, 24 September 2014
‘CABBAGE GARDENS’ DUBLIN
just the name intrigued me, as I'd never heard of these...
On seeking further information, I learnt that the Cabbage Garden
is a former burial ground ( off Kevin St.) in Dublin,
which had been consecrated by Archbishop Margetson in 1668.
The Dublin City Library gives the address as Cathedral Lane, off Kevin St., Dublin 8.
They provide a map of the area plus the following details.... that the area which is now a small park, complete with some headstones,
is now cared for by the
There is even a Facebook page
has the following article..