Courtesy of Declan Barron...
"Found this 'skeleton' in my house's history.."
Clare Journal Monday 29 July 1816
We regret to learn that the office window of Pat Mahon, Esq., of Newpark, was broke open last night, and what silver and bank notes that was in the two drawers of his desk taken away, together with a case of pistols. - We think it right to mention that the initial letters of Mr. Mahon's name are reversed on each note, being written M.P.
Clare Journal Thursday 1 Aug 1816
The money taken on Sunday night out of Mr. Mahon's Desk, and which we mentioned on Monday, has been recovered except some few shillings, and the robber apprehended.
Clare Journal Monday 5 Aug 1816
And. McMahon, to be hanged on the same day (14th of September), for robbery at the house of Patrick Mahon, of Newpark, Esq.
Anyone missing an Andrew McMahon from their tree ?
- IRISH CLIPS AND SNIPS
- BROADFORD BAPTISMS
- TRANSCRIPTIONS, incl. KILMURRY IBRICKANE BAPTISMAL REGISTERS 1839-1881 and MARRIAGES
- KILMALEY PARISH BAPTISMS, CO CLARE 1828-1882
- IRISH OBITUARIES
- THEY MADE THEIR MARK
- FROM WHENCE THEY CAME....
- GENEALOGY GATHERINGS, ITEMS OF INTEREST and LISTS
- BIRTHS, DEATHS, MARRIAGES - TRANSCRIPTIONS
- BIOGRAPHIES... GENERAL Plus CLARE ROOTS SOCIETY