Monday 21 January 2013

IRISH THUMBS WORK OVERTIME




Texters as World Marks Twentieth Anniversary
Source: Ireland Information Blog
Author: Michael Green


"The twentieth anniversary of the first ever text message being sent has now passed. It is a mere two decades since UK engineer Neil Papworth sent his 'Merry Christmas' message to a colleague.

It is hard to imagine that the telecom companies knew what would follow. Hundreds of Billions of messages later and the Irish are among the most prodigious texters in the world, sending over a billion messages every month in 2012 so far. It is an astonishing statistic that the Irish send an average of at least 142 message per person every month."


Do you text, if so, how often and do you prefer texting to making a call? 

Do you use text speech, such as LOL or l8r? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts...


c u l8r!

2 comments:

  1. Ypu learn something new every day! I might be more inclined to txt if I didn't have to keep putting my glasses on and off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have that on your own, Pauleen... :-) I rarely use my mobile other than to text... it's used by family members chasing me...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by. All comments are moderated before publication.